26674 Meadow Ridge Drive Elko New Market, MN 55020
The postpartum period is typically defined as the first three to four months of a newborn’s life. It is a wonderful, but challenging period for everyone involved. The new mother should be concentrating her energy on healing, and taking care of her newborn baby. Regardless of how the birth went, new mothers are experiencing many changes, emotionally and physically – she has a great deal of adjusting to do during the postpartum recovery time. Her identity is changing and she is becoming a parent, learning many new things at the same time, learning about her baby.
In our largely individualistic society, the first few months postpartum can be severely isolating for new families. Many women and men report having issues of anxiety and depression that are different from the ordinary. Postpartum doulas are trained to help screen for mood issues, and both help both parents ease into parenthood by giving compassionate support. It takes a tremendous amount of work to care for a brand new baby, and hiring an impartial, well trained, experienced, caring postpartum doula can help make this transitional time go as beautifully as possible.
What Does A Treasured Birth Postpartum Doula Do?
Treasured Birth provides experienced Postpartum care and support, and our services includes providing familial support, and support of the new mother and her baby. The goal is to help the healing process that begins immediately after birth. Postpartum support during this time includes:
A) Discussion of rest and nutrition needs
B) Listening ear or assistance processing the birth experience
C) Optional help with creating your own written birth experience
D) Providing meal or snack preparation
E) Generally caring for the needs of the home so mom and her partner can sleep or rest
F) Infant feeding support which includes:
- Situational individual and non-judgmental support for breastfeeding and/or bottle-feeding.
- If needed, connection to additional lactation consultants and resources.
G) New baby care education which includes:
- Instilling confidence in the basics of infant care, such as: Bathing, Cord care, Circumcision care, Dressing baby, Cloth, or disposable diapering, Infant soothing techniques, Co-sleeping
F) Encouragement and Education for a healthy family bonding experience the first weeks of Bringing Baby Home. This includes:
- Sibling adjustment;
- Father support;
- Pet care and adjustments.
G) Meal preparation which includes:
- One home-cooked meal made fresh and ready-to-eat, or to be frozen for later use;
- One home-cooked meal left frozen in your refrigerator for future use;
H) Household care which includes:
- Change of bed linens,
- Sweeping, or vacuuming of the main area floors,
- Plant care,
- Pet care, i.e., feeding, and dog walking (does not include pet bathing),
- During rest/sleep times, handling visitors and telephone calls.
I) Postpartum Massage:
- 1 or 2 postpartum massages. See the Postpartum Massage Package page, or the pricing for Package Three below.
J) During Postpartum Doula Services, Treasured Birth, LLC does not:
- Perform medical or clinical tasks, such as exams or monitoring.
- Provide deep cleaning services, other than the light housework as detailed above.
- Provide long-term or extensive childcare.
Pricing for Postpartum Services
This package is for those who need support only during the day or afternoon hours, with a minimum service time of four hours (scheduling subject to availability). This package is $30.00 per hour.
Overnight Postpartum which is based on a maximum of 9 hours of service, typically between the hours of 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (these are awake hours). This package is $175.00. Additional hours are charged at $30.00 per hour.
Additional Postpartum Services
In the privacy and convenience of your own home $90.00 per 1-hour massage. Treasured Birth, LLC, also offers in-office Postpartum massage, as well as Prenatal Massage prior to your labor and birth, for healthy pregnancy support!
Aromatherapy Oils, Education, and Support
Price based on oil purchased/used. Please talk to Treasured Birth, LLC, about this option if you are interested.
Nanny On-Call for Birth
This is a much-needed service for our community! Are you welcoming your second, third, or more, babies into your family? If yes, this service is for you!
- Are you a family who doesn’t have the convenience of a nearby, or supportive family member, or friend to help with other siblings during your labor and birth?
- Are you having a home birth and need someone who is experienced with birth, hospital birth, and home birth, to be there in your home taking care of your other littles while you labor and birth?
- Even if it’s the middle of the night, we’ll be there to care for your older child(ren) so you can focus on the important task at hand — birthing your baby/babies!
- We are experienced nannies/childcare providers, as well as birth workers and we have the ability to be on-call day or night for you and your family. We provide top-notch childcare you can trust. Your child(ren) will be safe and well taken care of. We will stay the duration of your birth, until a parent, or family member is able to attend. This service is $30.00 per hour, with a 4-hour minimum, and a 48-hour maximum. Additional hours are available upon request.
Contact us for more information or to book any of these services for your family.
NOTICE TO CLIENTS: All Postpartum and Sibling Support Doula hours must be contracted, and pre-scheduled, and are subject to availability. Payment is due upon booking/scheduling the services.
Please ask about payment plans if you have financial constraints. Your Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account may reimburse all or part of your doula fee. Treasured Birth, LLC, is happy to provide documentation so you can pursue reimbursement.