26674 Meadow Ridge Drive Elko New Market, MN 55020
What is a Doula?
A Doula is a trained and experienced birth professional who provides a pregnant woman and her family with continuous emotional support, and physical comfort and education before, during and after childbirth. A Doula strives to facilitate communication between the laboring woman, her family and her clinical care providers. A Doula perceives her role as one who nurtures and protects the woman’s memory of her birth experience. Doulas strive to enhance the role and participation of the partner and family members by modeling supportive and helpful behavior during labor. A Doula strives to draw loved ones closer.
The Benefits of Having a Doula
Researchers Kennell and Klaus et. al. found in six studies:Cesareans down 50% Length of labor down 25% Pitocin down 40% Forceps down 40% Epidurals reduced by 60% THE IMPACT OF A DOULA ON LABOR AND EARLY PARENTING: (Adapted by Penny Simkin, 1992) Positive labor perception Decreased medications Decreased interventions Decreased cesareans Decreased anxiety Decreased tension Shortened labor.
Support in labor from a doula encourages positive family bonding Increased self-esteem Perception of choice Increased participation decreased depression.
Doula Support Packages:
1. Three to Four Prenatal Meetings. We can meet either at your home, or at a location of your choice. These meetings average one to two hours long each. Our initial visits allow us an opportunity to get to know each other better and provide us with a chance for us to explore your expectations for support, as well as help you to create a birth plan that fits your family. Additional prenatal visits may be arranged as desired.
2. Following our Contracted Agreement, and after the first initial Prenatal Meetings: You will be able to contact me via cell phone, or email, or at your convenience. I enjoy hearing from clients after they visit their provider for prenatal visits, and I am happy to answer any concerns or questions you may have throughout your pregnancy!
3. Continuous Personalized Labor and Birth Support. Beginning in early labor, we will maintain contact through telephone, text, or in-person. I will attend and support you continually in your birth location of choice. I will provide you with emotional support and advocacy. As your labor progresses, it is my goal to incorporate relaxation, massage, aromatherapy, and varied comfort techniques from your learned birth method. Modelling comfort measures encourage the other members of your birth team to join in with their own valuable support. The goal is to create a positive birth environment, which supports your overall positive birth experience.
4. Immediately After the Birth. After the baby is born, I will provide assistance with initial latch and breastfeeding. I will stay with you and your partner to ensure you both have had something to eat, and you and baby are both settled in, relaxed and comfortable. Now it is time for you to enjoy your new baby!
5. One to Two Postpartum Meetings. These meetings are arranged to be done in your home, at your convenience.The first postpartum meeting usually occurs within the first few days after the birth.The second meeting usually occurs during the second week postpartum. We will discuss your birth experience perception, and I will answer any questions you may have about the labor and birth. It is my goal at this time to connect you at that time with any additional needed resources.
Financials: Treasured Birth’s fee for Birth Doula Support Services is 900.00.Treasured Birth is an Operation Special Delivery Doula for Military Families.Optional Payment Arrangements are available for special circumstances.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE: Postpartum Doula Support Packages: Postpartum support is 30.00 per hour, with a 4-hour minimum commitment.Placenta Encapsulation is $200.00. Treasured Birth, LLC, is also available on a sliding fee scale for those that need this option.
My Doula Pledge to You
I recognize birth as a key experience that you will remember all of your life. I will assist you and your partner in preparing for and carrying out your birth plans. I will stay with you throughout your entire labor and birth.I will provide you with emotional support and physical comfort measures and will support all decisions for care that you pursue with a non-judgmental point-of-view.I will educate and encouraged you to release fear and tension, and help you to make informed decisions throughout your pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum period. I will do my best to facilitate communication between you, the laboring woman, your partner and your clinical care providers. I will encourage your partner/support person to be as involved as they are comfortable throughout the process of planning and birth. My role will in no way reduce, or supersede of your partner. I perceive my overall role as a Doula as being one of nurturing and protecting the positive memory of your birth experience.